Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 21 Walk 4 Life

After riding on a bus all night I was exhausted, but yet I was ready to walk. I got dropped off in Durham, NC which is about where I left off before I went to Raleigh to my moms, now I was officially walking to Wake county to meet up with some troops.

Back in the early 95 or 96 the first prisoner I ever stood up for was sentenced in Durham. Taurean White was only 14 years old when he was sentenced to 20 years in an adult prison for a crime he didn't commit. You can read more about this on my myspace page.

Walking from Raleigh to Durham was a great walk. Just about the entire walk was on a busy highway packed with people going to and coming home from church.

News 14 had contacted me and said they wanted to cover the walk so I tried to set it where they could meet me when I reached Wake county court house in Raleigh where they had just released what the media referred to as the 128 exonerated prisoner from death row. Seeing I gave News 14 a target time, I walked full speed ahead only stopping twice briefly.

I don't know what happen to News 14 or to all those I tried to get to meet me at Wake County Court house but when I got there no one was there. It was a good walk though, thousands of people seen me walking with my sign held high.


Today I walked, talked and prayed 4 Rudy Medrano (Texas death row) - convicted under the Law of Parties and Michael Astorga (New Mexico).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks X for walking for Mike and Rudy. Both of them are very special to me, and your support of them means everything to me!!

In The Struggle With You,

Christy

Prison Writings, Interviews, and Art said...

Thank you for everything you do for death row inmates.
Hugs Dee

~:*:*:Sparrow:*:*:~ said...

Working (covertly) to get you here ... AZ.

THANK YOU!